Classic Car Maintenance
Deer Park Auto Shop
Autopro Automotive Services provides car owners with trusted and dependable classic car maintenance. We are located in Deer Park and provide our classic car maintenance for car owners throughout North Babylon, Dix Hills and beyond. Owning a classic car has many advantages, but one aspect that is crucial in keeping the car running properly is its maintenance.
Classic Car Maintenance Tips
Getting a classic car is the stuff dreams are made of, but it is no cake walk once you have this car. A lot of care is involved in keeping the vehicle running at a smooth and optimal level. Here are a few classic car maintenance tips to ensure that your vintage vehicle runs smooth for years on end:
- Keep It Clean - Consistently washing and cleaning the car will give your car the perfect look. However, it is not just about the look, but also maintaining the integrity of the exterior. Salt, dirt and grime can damage the exterior of your car if not cleaned regularly. By simply taking the time out to hand wash your classic car you will also be extending the lift of the vehicle.
- Waxing The Car - Hand washing your car is important, but other work needs to be done to the exterior as well. Waxing your car will really make the paint pop and should be done about once every six months.
- Interior Protection - Washing and waxing your car is only half the battle, as work needs to be done with the interior of the car as well. If the car has leather or vinyl seating, it needs to be protected from sun damage and stains. For this you can get leather creams, vinyl cleaners and UV blockers.
- Get Frequent Oil Changes - It's great to look at vintage cars, but riding them is even better. Ensure your car rides smoothly for years by maintaining it with frequent oil changes. Regular oil changes and other types of fluid changes will allow you engine to remain in peak condition.
- Manage The Brakes - Keep the brakes on your classic car smooth by pumping them when possible. That way they remain as smooth as possible and do not squeak.
Call Today For An Estimate
Autopro Automotive Services has years of experience in the auto field. We provide car owners a wide range of high quality and dependable car services, including classic car maintenance. Maintaining classic cars can be a lot of work, but the reward of having a beautiful vintage car is worth it. With those five simple tips, you should be able to keep your classic vehicle running great. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the classic car maintenance we provide, please contact us today. The number to call is 631-242-5992. We will gladly answer any questions you may have about your classic car.